Fox and Hedgehog by Jane McGinley

Sunday 9 January 2011

Brew

One of the things on my to do list was to brew my own ale, and as lazy/busy as I was last year, I didn't actually get round to doing it, so I've decided to kick off this New Year by being much more productive (and frugal!) and I've finally bought my first kit! Yay!

Simon claims to have made his own brew many times but as this is our first attempt together, I've decided to make a kit so we can see and understand how it all works - perhaps then we can get into making up our own recipes. We've chosen this kit, Woodforde's Wherry Best Bitter -


It's a no sugar kit which should turn out at a pleasant 4.5%, but we've added a little honey to the fermenting container to make it a little sweeter / stronger, it's just an experiment so we'll see how it turns out!

I haven't got my camera to hand today, so no photos I'm afraid, but I'll be keeping the blog updated over the next week or so to show how it's coming along!

Exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment